1: How To Obtain Your Classy Credentials [New Classy Admin Manger]
This article explains how to obtain your Classy Credentials using the New Classy Admin Manager
Looking for instructions on how to find your credentials in the Classic Classy Manager? Go Here →
This article explains how to obtain the 3 critical credentials to pull in dynamic content from your Classy account into your WordPress website. This article is specific to the New Classy Admin Manager launched in 2018.
Please note: If you want to create a Donation Form or Donation Page, then you can skip this step as API credentials are not required for those features.
- Login to your Classy Admin Dashboard
- Select the "API" tab from the left
Click on the Classy API icon/tab to open up the API screen. If you don't see this screen or icon, please contact your Classy Fundraising Account manager.
- Give your Application a Name. The name does not matter.
- Enter the domain where the plugin is going to be installed. You don't need to list each page, just the primary home page is just fine. Include the entire URL including the 'https' and anything else.
- Check the checkbox
- Click "Create App"
The page will reload and your new App will appear down below. Please note, we have about a dozen apps created so your page might look different if it only has one.
Click "Edit" to open up the next screen.
From here, you will find everything you need.
Now head back to your WordPress website and enter the credentials to get going!
You can also find your Organization ID right from your primary Home Dashboard. See below.
- Q: My Classy dashboard looks different. What's going on?
- A: If your Classy manager looks different, then you are using the Classic Classy Manager. Click here for instructions on how to obtain your credentials from the Classic Manager.
- Q: I don't see the API icon or tab.
- A: Contact your Classy Account Manager to see if your Classy account has API access. Tell them you're using Mittun's ClassyPress plugin and you need access!
- Q: Do I need API access to use ClassyPress Pro?
- A: Nope! You can still use ClassyPress Pro without API access. API access is only required if you want to pull in dynamic content and features via the API, such as campaign goals, campaign progress bars, top leaderboards, top fundraisers and your campaign's activity/donation feed.